UPDATE June 1, 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office will always maintain the well-being of our patients and team as our # 1 goal. Infection Control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
• Medical Grade Hepa filter in each of the rooms to filtering 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns.
• Intra and extraoral dental machines to reduce airborne aerosol up to 99.97 %.
• Sneeze-guard when you check out.
• Tele dentistry platform to help those patients that are unable to commute to the office.
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some prescreening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Your temperature will be taken before entering the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be staggered to allow for social distancing between patients.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. I will be opening the office on June 8 for dental care and emergency and my hygienist will be returning on June 15 for hygiene appointments. I will asked that those patients that had their dental or hygiene appointments canceled since March 17 to please call 518-392-5231 starting on June 8 to reschedule and Please be patient if the lines are busy, we will do our best to reschedule all appointments ASAP.
Remember you can always contact me on my cell phone at 518-227-9070 if you have any questions regarding your return or upcoming dental appointment.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Domenic Riccobono and the staff at Countryside Dental
March 17, 2020
The health and safety of our patients and staff are of the utmost importance to us here at Countryside Dental. We want to update you on the following precautions that we are taking to keep our patients, and staff healthy.
- We are Increasing our cleaning protocols and frequencies on all common space throughout the day. We are using products such as antibacterial sprays or wipes, which have been found to be effective against viruses such as coronavirus.
- The Doctor and Hygienist’s rooms equipment and surfaces are disinfected prior to patients being seated. In addition, high touch surfaces have barrier tape and sleeves.
- We always have and continue to follow the strictest infection control and protective barrier protocols. All instruments are sterilized after each patient. Sterilization containers or pouches contain indicators to confirm proper sterilization conditions were met. Our sterilization equipment is tested daily.
- All members of the dental care team wash their hands and use gloves, masks, and protective wear.
- My front office staff will be contacting patients with upcoming appointments to ask questions based on public health guidelines to help determine if they should visit the office or reschedule their appointment.
- We will ask all patients to rinse their mouth with an antibacterial rinse prior to any dental work and hygiene appointment.
- Additionally, if you have a fever and cough or have reason to believe that you have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you call ahead of your appointment to notify us. This will enable us to take the necessary precautions such as to provide care by telephone or rescheduling your appointment. It is important that individuals exposed or potentially exposed to COVID-19 not enter the office.
- We value the health and safety of you and our staff and ask for your cooperation with these precautions, as they will benefit us all. We are committed to keeping our office clean and safe as we navigate our way through this unprecedented and evolving situation.
- Thank you for your continued trust in Countryside Dental. Please feel free to reach out to us by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 518-392-5231 with any questions.
- If you have a question or an emergency please contact Dr. Domenic Riccobono at 518-227-9070.
Finally, I want to remind all of you that we always pull together during a crisis. Please take care of yourself and your families and we will get through this together.
Dr. Domenic Riccobono