Posts for tag: Invisalign
Looking to straighten your teeth? Here at Countryside Dental in Chatham, NY, Dr. Domenic Riccobono uses Invisalign to give patients the flawless smiles that they desire.
How Invisalign Works
As an orthodontic solution, Invisalign's intention is to correct the alignment of teeth. This is achieved through the use of clear aligners based on computer-generated impressions of your mouth. During treatment, a series of molds are used in order to achieve the proper alignment of the teeth and improve their position. Every tooth is fitted with composite patches to allow the aligners to get a grip and initiate movement. In some instances of the Invisalign treatment, these patches may not be necessary depending on the condition of the patient’s teeth.
Your dentist in Chatham, NY, will decide the frequency of aligner replacements based on the required movement of your teeth. Every replacement is designed to achieve specific teeth movement until it reaches the desired position.
Teeth Alignment Issues
The issue now is whether Invisalign treatment is ideal for your unique teeth alignment issues. In order to make an accurate assessment, you would need to consult with your dentist. However, some of the teeth alignment issues that can be readily addressed by Invisalign include:
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps in teeth
- Open bites
Tooth Care with Invisalign
Even with the Invisalign treatment, it is still essential to observe proper dental care. Here is how you do it with Invisalign aligners:
- Take out your aligners when eating to prevent food from being stuck and clean it before putting it back in.
- Brush your teeth after every meal or as often as possible. If brushing is not possible, at least rinse your mouth regularly.
- Continue to floss to eliminate excess food that may be caught between your teeth.
Looking to Get That Picture-Perfect Smile with Invisalign?
Dial (518) 392-5231 to book your consultation date here at Countryside Dental in Chatham, NY, with our dentist, Dr. Domenic Riccobono.
At Countryside Dental in Chatham, NY, your dentist, Dr. Domenic Riccobono, uses specialized computer software to create custom Invisalign aligners that will straighten your teeth comfortably and discreetly. These transparent aligners are great for adults and teenagers who are looking for a hassle-free way of improving their smile—read below to learn more about what Invisalign can do for you!
More about Clear Braces
To begin treatment, your dentist orders a series of custom aligner trays. Each pair of aligners in this set needs to be worn for two-to-three weeks before being exchanged for the next one in the series. On a daily basis, you'll need to wear the clear aligners 20 to 22 hours per day.
You can take these clear braces off when brushing and flossing your teeth or when cleaning the aligners themselves. You can also take the braces off during special events, like weddings, job interviews, or any other casual party, but that's unnecessary since no one can see them.
The clear plastic aligners are made of polyurethane plastic, which means they're flexible and great for straightening teeth discreetly. They also provide several other advantages:
- They don't hinder you from having a healthy oral regimen because Invisalign is a removable appliance.
- Invisalign clear aligners are thin and flexible, so they don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth.
- The transparent braces are discreet and used to protect teeth from bruxism (i.e. teeth-grinding).
- You can eat whatever you want while undergoing treatment.
- You'll clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you had traditional metal braces.
To take care of your Invisalign aligners, simply:
- Remove braces while eating
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss your teeth every night
- Regularly use fluoride-containing products
If you are interested in knowing whether or not you're a candidate for clear aligner braces, please call our Chatham dental office today at (518) 392-5231.